Print 2018 Club Marine TBFT Rules and Calender
2018 Club Marine Trailer Boat Fishing Tournament
– Rules & Calender of Events
Host Club: Shoal Bay Fishing Club
Tournament Officials: Nominated members of Shoal Bay Fishing Club. In the event of any dispute related to the Tournament the Officials decision is final.
Tournament Base & Official Tent: Eastern Groyne, Victoria Pde, Nelson Bay.
Entry, Angler & Fish Eligibility:
– Entry is open to members of the public agreeing to be bound by the Tournament Rules and is not restricted to members of fishing clubs or organizations.
– Only fish caught from entered eligible trailerboats by entered eligible anglers will be eligible for points and prizes.
– To be eligible for points, an Angler must hook, strike, fight, and bring the fish to the boat to be tagged, netted, or gaffed without assistance including anyone else touching the rod or reel.
– The fish must be caught during tournament time and within tournament boundaries.
Tournament Director – all correspondence to:
Tony Poole -Trailer Boat Fishing Tournaments Pty Ltd
19 The Crescent, Dee Why, NSW, 2099
Ph: (02) 9029 6554 Fax: (02) 9972 3211 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry is restricted to trailerboats – defined as any vessel capable of being transported by a NSW registered trailer being towed by a conventional motor vehicle including 4WD upon NSW public roads up to a maximum beam of 2.6 meters.
Entry Fees 2018:
– $85 per senior angler
– $40 per junior angler (under 16 years old at the time of the Tournament).
– This fee may include food and refreshments as may be provided by the organisers.
– Official close of mail entries is Monday 9th March . Online entries accepted up until 1700hrs Monday 19th March. A Late Entry Fee may be charged for entries received after these dates. The late entry fee is $170 per Senior and $80 per Junior.
3rd Party Property insurance at a minimum is required for all competing boats. Policy proof is required. Valid and current Policy details must be provided as part of each entry.
– Angler ID cards (to be collected at registration) must be presented to any Tournament Official on request and prior to any fish weigh in or prize claim or for any other claim such as food or refreshments as may be provided.
– Anglers must be present and produce their own Angler ID card to be eligible for any Lucky Draw Prizes.
– Secondary proof of ID may be requested for any prize collections.
– All boats must comply with the relevant NSW Maritime safety regulations current at Tournament time.
Details at www.maritime.nsw.gov.au .
– Boat and crew safety is the responsibility of the skipper of the vessel.
– The decision to enter, compete, and fish is the decision of the competitors.
Fishing Area & Marine Parks:
– Boats must be launched and retrieved within Port Stephens or within 12 kilometers by road from Tournament Base.
– Marine Park boundaries and usage regulations must be obeyed. Details at www.mpa.nsw.gov.au .
Anglers must hold relevant and current fishing licenses, permits, etc as may be required by NSW Laws. Details at www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fisheries .
Prior to starting fishing, intending entrants MUST check & register their attendance at the Offical Tent at Tournament Base. Prepaid Tournament T-shirts and Caps will be available at Registration.
Official Tournament Calender – 2018
Thursday 22nd March – Official Tent Open 1730 – 2200
– Registrations & clothing pick-up commences 1800
– Competitor Briefing 2000 approx
– Lucky prize draw may be held before & immediately after the briefing.
Friday 23rd March – Official Tent open 0600 – 2200
– Start of fishing is after 0600
Saturday 24th March – Official Tent open 0600 – 2200
– BBQ / Refreshments & Lucky Prize Draws: 1200 – 1500 (weigh station closed)
– Lucky prize draws will be held immediately after the BBQ.
Sunday 25th March – Official Tent open 0600 – 1200
– Close of fishing 1200
– Anglers must be in the official Compound prior to 1200 sharp Sunday for their fish to be eligible for weigh in.
– The Official Award Ceremony will commence at approx 1330
– Lucky Prize Draws will be held before during & after the Awards.
– The final major Lucky Prize will be drawn immediately after the Awards.
Point Scoring & Species:
Individual prizes will be awarded to the angler/s (Senior & Junior) who over the Tournament weighs in the heaviest of the following eligible species:
Bream – Live only (30cm) Cobia (65 cm) Drummer, Black (35cm) Flathead (36cm)
Flounder (25cm) Luderick (30cm) Marlin / Billfish (t&r only) Morwong (30cm)
Mulloway (85cm) Tailor (35cm) Teragalin (45cm) Tuna inc. Bonito (40cm)
Snapper (30cm) Yellowtail Kingfish (65cm)
Species may be added or deleted at the Organisers discretion.
Competitors will be advised of any changes at the Briefing & Registration.
For the purpose of this Tournament and to avoid unnecessary fish kills, the Organisers have imposed a minimum species length eligibility above that set by NSW Fisheries in some cases. These lengths appear alongside the eligible species above. Please visit www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fisheries for the latest statutory species and bag limits.
Fish weighed in will have their tails docked. Live fish being released into the Bay or Big Tank for display and later release will not have their tails docked. Many anglers return their catch to the water alive after weigh-in, and this behaviour is encouraged and applauded by the Organisers and Spectators alike.
Titles will be awarded to the Senior & Junior Anglers who over the Tournament amass the most points counted as follows:
1st Heaviest of a species: 5 points
2nd Heaviest of a species: 3 points
3rd Heaviest of a species: 1 point
In the event of a tie, the winner will be the first person or boat to reach the winning points.
Titles & prizes will be awarded to the boat that amasses the most eligible points as detailed for Champion Angler above. Only the top 3 fish in each species (whether caught by a Senior or Junior Angler) will be awarded points for “Champion Boat”.
Failure to abide by any of the Tournament Rules may result in disqualification from the Tournament at the Officials discretion.